Friday, December 7, 2012

Second Advent Calendar

Here is my second advent calendar. I started by making small ornaments out of felt for each day of December (I forgot to take pictures of those).
We had collected 24 cans over the last few months. I cleaned out each one and then wrapped it in white paper. I also covered all sharp edges with a thin layer of hot glue to prevent any cuts.











Then, I placed a felt shape in each one, along with a small piece of candy. Next I wrote a number from 1-24 on each one.
I had had some tissue paper left over from a previous project. I cut several colors into squares about 6 in by 6 in and glued a square onto the top of each can.
Can Advent calendar


















Finally, I tied a piece of black ribbon around the top of every can to further secure the tissue paper. This was the hardest part of the project. When I was done, I stacked the cans in several small pyramids. Every day of the month we punch through the tissue paper on a can to get the candy and ornament out. We hang each ornament on a small tree that I got from Target a few years ago.










It is a cheap yet fun and colorful advent calendar to have on display in our house!
By the way, I got the inspiration for this project from http://www.sheilazellerinteriors.com/articles/advent-calendars-its-almost-time

No comments:

Post a Comment